Builder - for Blogger Blogs
see this tutorial to use the Zazzlit
on websites and
in blog side panels
straight to the Zazzlit
further down the page
Update 14th April:
- I've made a couple of changes to the explanations of the text boxes in the builder to make things even clearer.
Update 22nd March:
- I've given you a choice for the text that appears in the link to your store - the one
that appears at the
end of the description you give to go with the Zazzlit.
is a great thing for SEO - search engine optimization, so make sure you
vary this "anchor text" (as it's known) from time to time
- One of those choices lets you type in your own link (anchor) text, for even more variation
- I've added a couple more tips (left hand column)
Is it difficult?
No - there are only a few steps:
- fill in the boxes in the builder
and click the button to get the gobbledook
- copy it
- open the emailing tool and paste it in to the
- fill in the "secret" email address for the
- provide a subject line, which becomes the title
of the post on the blog
- click the preview button to make sure you're
seeing the products you expect
- click the send button
Who is this for?
This is aimed at anyone with a Zazzle
store. It helps you to get the gear from your store 'out
letting you build a Zazzlit that can then be emailed to the Blogger
blogs set up
by other Zazzlers.
Why is this better than Zazzle's product
you're a Zazzler, you'll know that you can email a product
the email link on the product page. The problem with that method is:
- not all the links in the resulting post contain
your referrer id, meaning lost royalties!
- worse, the section showing top searches for
this week often contain profanities, not what most folks want on their
- finally, there's no tracking code so you never
know which of your promotional activities are working
the Zazzlit email builder puts all that right, and what's more the
resulting post will show up to 20 of your products. Wow!
What is a Zazzlit?
See the scrolling box of items below. It's a
Google gadget that displays a list of products for sale on Zazzle. They
are drawn from the store you tell it and uses a referrer id that you
This gives you a 15% royalty, as set by Zazzle, on
any products that get purchased within 40 days as a result of a visitor
clicking on one of the displayed products.
Note that the only exception is if the Zazzlit
title is clicked - I then get any royalties resulting from
my reward for making the Zazzlit builder available.
The Zazzlit builder also lets you set a tracking
code, so that you know
where any resulting royalties come from. The tracking code will be
displayed on the Referral History report under your Earnings tab in
your Zazzle account.
This is the gadget that will be produced if
nothing is changed below.
It draws from my Zazzle
store allitems with both Pink and Princess in the power tags
or product titles) at the largest
It sorts them by popularity in the last 30 days
showing up to 100 (the maximum) items.
It's the same size as will appear in the blog,
Be aware that blogs which work in this way can
only accept so many emailed posts per day, so if you're unlucky, it
might not appear.
How do I get the Zazzlit into a blog post?
Once you've built your Zazzlit, all you need to do
is email it to a special "secret" email address that the Blog owners
provide. You'll need to visit the Zazzle forum to find these out. They
are publicised from time to time in the Promoting
and generating traffic forum.
So how do I email it?
Normail email clients like Outlook, Gmail and
others don't let you email the HTML that the Zazzlit builder
need to use another tool, details below.
Ok, I'm ready to build my Zazzlit
Great! Fill in the boxes below, replacing the
defaults that I've given with your own info. Once you've done that,
click the "Display gobbledegook for email" button.
Do this first and then you're ready to email it
using the special tool that is detailed underneath.
Get ready to email it...
- Copy the gobbledegook in the box above.
- Click this link
to open the email tool
in a new window / tab
facility isn't mine - I suggest that if you like it, you make a small
donation via the button at the bottom of the page in the new tab /
- Provide a blog's "secret" email address in the
- Provide a *Subject — this will become
the post's title
- Paste the gobbledegook that you copied
above into the *Body
- Click the Preview button to make sure you're
seeing the products you expect.
If you need to make amendments, close the preview window and come back
here. Then restart at 5.
- Click the Send mail button to send the Zazzlit
to the blog.
That's it, you're done!
Give it a few minutes and have a look at the blog to see your new post
with the Zazzlit you built.
If you like it, please share this with other